Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Concept Model

Concept Sketches
Concept Model #1
Concept Model #2

Concept Model #3

          When I was put to the task of creating concept models, at first I was stumped. I have never been asked to take a piece of abstract art and transform it into a model; this task was for sure a challenge that i was determined to accomplish. As I analyzed my elements and principles in design, such as line and pattern, I came up with a few over lays that became the start of my concept. I thought of ways to create layering and translucencies with the use of line and patterning. By off setting some of the shapes and lines from my initial overlays, I reached satisfaction. I created an abstract composition with horizontal lines, geometric curves, circles, and I used the three primary colors in some areas. Next, I created a few models. My mediums were bristol board, tissue paper, translucent paper, and recycled plastic. The models were formed to correspond with my designs from the over lays of elements and principles in design to the abstract composition I created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment